Monday, November 12, 2007

Fivelimes Aquisition

I recently closed a deal to sell my startup Fivelimes. Selling your company is always bittersweet. I started Fivelimes about a year ago and within that space of time built a green-focused community leveraging some cool new technologies. Fivelimes had aspects of Digg, Yelp and Facebook all rolled into one. Best of all it was all powered by Ruby on Rails (my language of choice).

Unfortunately Fivelimes always took a bit of a back-seat to my other projects. I started Fivelimes while also co-founding BubbleShare and as a result could never give Fivelimes all that it needed to ramp up. Running two startups while having two kids under 2 is a challenge!

The company that purchased us is a Canadian company called Avid life Media.

In the end I think a bird in the hand is the right approach. Time to move onto the next idea :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home